As the Coronavirus (COVID-19) continues to spread, Iota Phi Theta Fraternity, Incorporated wants to assure you we are keeping an eye on all information coming from the Center for Disease Control (CDC), the Local Department of Health, and the Public Health Departments.
In honor of our commitment to the health, safety, and well-being of our families and communities, there are steps that you can take to maintain a healthy environment:
If you are not feeling well (particularly if you have a fever of 100.4 or more), please refrain from going to work, or outside of your home until all symptoms have subsided. If you have a fever, please make sure that you are fever-free for 24 hours without the use of fever-reducing medication before returning to work.
* ¬ Please wash your hands with soap and warm water for 20 seconds or longer- frequently!
* ¬ Cover your mouth and nose when sneezing. If a tissue is not available, be sure to use the upper part of your arm/sleeve to cover your mouth and nose.
* ¬ Avoid touching your face, mouth, nose, and eyes.
* ¬ Be conscious of shared surfaces such as doorknobs, computer lab surfaces, bathrooms, counters and microwave handles, etc.
* ¬ If you are planning to do any personal travel in the coming months and during the upcoming spring or summer break season, please familiarize yourself with information about the areas where infection rates are high and the chance for disease transmission is heightened.
For anyone that would like more information about the Coronavirus, The CDC Website contains helpful up-to-date information. https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html
Brother Victor K. Peoples
Director of Health and Service Initiatives
Iota Phi Theta Fraternity, Incorporated